Friday, April 18, 2008




The concept of my personal metaphor was to express my feelings. I chose to be a mermaid because I felt that would express my feelings of being out of place. The mood that I wanted to capture for my metaphor was lonely.

In my photograph I placed myself leaning on a rock while lying on the ground. I decided to place myself here because you could see only the dryness of the ground and the plants in my surroundings. I feel that my composition is balanced for the most part because the picture actually looks as if I am a mermaid. I also feel that my image is much unified because it goes with the statement that I typed on the photo.

One thing that I think I did very well was made the shadow of the mermaid on the ground and on the rock. A shadow is a very important part of making a picture seem realistic and I feel like I captured that. The most difficult thing to do in this picture was making the bottom half of my body match the lighting on the top half. I think that I could have made myself look more like a mermaid if I actually spent more time. If I could change anything I would change the brick wall that is in the background of my picture.

No comments: